3.07.2017

I used to, but not so much now.

I used to be more unsettled, but not so much now.

I used to be more anxious about what my life would amount to, but not so much now.

I used to be be frantic about whether people were aware of what I was doing and cared, but not so much now.

I used to agonize over things like artistic purity and selling out and pursuing passionate creative dreams, but not so much now.

I used to be in a constant state of chasing after more, bigger, and better, but not so much now.

I used to fret about whether or not I'd change the world, but not so much now.

I used to be wrapped up in finding ways to make my life meaningful, but not so much now.

I used to struggle against people and ideas and injustices, wearing myself out and making no change because I did not bother to change myself, but not so much now.

It's not that I gave up, but more that I looked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are heavily moderated for language, topical relevancy, and harassment. Follow the blog commenting rules found here.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.